If you’re looking for a fun brunch spot, Flipside in 12 south hit the spot for my group!
This was our first time there and we were pleasantly surprised.
- Call aheads?– No. We aren’t new to this brunch thing so we have learned to call ahead, especially if you have a large group. Luckily there were only 3 of us this time but Flipside does not take call aheads. We got there around 11 am on Sunday and there was no wait. It got pretty busy shortly after, so plan ahead!
- Atmosphere?– Very cute place. On each table is a box of trivia questions from Trivial Pursuit to keep you busy while you wait.
- Service?– Our waitress was awesome! Very friendly and gave great tips. She even told us about “secret menu items”. The wait for our food was very short.
- Parking?– There are about 4 spots behind the restaurant. Look for street parking.
- Food?– The food was great! As a fairly picky eater, trying new restaurants can be a bit stressful but the menu had a wide variety and the chicken and waffles were amazing!
- Drinks?– Nothing beats a hangover like 2-4-1 Bloody Mary’s, Mimosas, Bellini’s, and Sangria during brunch.
- Patio?– There was a nice patio that will be a great hangout during the summer.
- Overall?– I give them a 4.5/5 due to the lack of parking. I will be back!
Check out their menu here.